office assistant skills resume – Administrative Assistants would be the unsung heroes of the business world. Without them, productivity in lots of offices would grind to a halt. However, just because the job doesn’t feature a large amount of prestige, it doesn’t mean you can’t find satisfaction in it.
To be an Administrative Assistant, you have to be an incredibly capable and competent person. If you think you’re around the task, this resume guide will be here to simply help you.
Administrative Assistant responsibilities include:
- Providing administrative and clerical support (mailing, scanning, faxing, copying, filing).
- Maintaining electronic and/or hard copy filing system.
- Opening, sorting and distributing mail to various professionals in the office.
- Assisting in resolving problems.
- Running errands to publish office, office supply store, etc.
- Answering phone calls and taking messages.
- Preparing and editing documents like letters, reports, memos, and emails.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for other professionals.
- Taking dictation and maintaining store of office supplies.
- Recording minutes of meetings.
- Handling requests from other professionals.
- Strictly staying with office policies and procedures, especially regarding confidentiality.
- Acting as a place of contact for clients.
- Tracking accounting information.
- Helming the reception desk when necessary.
- Coordinating between professionals and departments.